Although I love--I mean absolutely LOVE-- having a baby and doing all the "baby things" that come along with this season, I also cannot wait until Anna Claire is a little older. As most of you know, I am a teacher at heart, and I am constantly thinking of ways that I can teach Anna Claire. My mind races with art projects, book we can make together, games we can play, etc. There's just one problem--Anna Claire barely even knows her own name and her attention span is about 5 seconds long. So, most of the time I settle for just daydreaming about the special learning experiences that I will to one day create for her.
BUT, then again sometimes I get a little ahead of myself and decide that maybe--just maybe-- she is ready for an adventure. For example, in November (when AC was 3 months old) I decided that it would be cute to make a handprint turkey--you know the kind where you paint the palm of the hand brown and the fingers different colors like the feathers? Well, needless to say my attempted turkey looked more like a 2- year-old's finger painting. It was a MESS!
So, you'd think I'd learn my lesson, but instead I decided to attempt another project to make some really special mother's day presents for the grandmothers. I go to Michales and buy one of those "Handprint Kits"-- the kind where to capture a child's handprint and make a keepsake. To my defense, the box did say it was for "Infants-12 year olds". So, I figured it may work. So, last Sunday night when Cory was at youth group, we were bored, and I decided to give it a try. Once again, my dreams of crafty projects with Anna Claire were crushed... It was a DISASTER!! Take a look at this adventure I put Anna Claire through...
Here's the "plaster" (non-toxic!!) that I thought I could put Anna Claire's hands in to make a nice print. Instead...

She thought it was a fun goop to play with. In .2 seconds it was in her hair...
I think I'll take a break from art projects for a while--maybe for a few years!!
5 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!!!! Annie, I love how you know yourself so well and can articulate it to those of us that love you!
this is way too funny...i love how you are!
I love the teacher in you!!! I bet is was crazy at the time, but it makes a cute and funny story now!!!
Maybe the mess is a pay back for all the times you sent messy little children home after doing "crafts" at school!!! hee, hee ;0)
BTW~Thomas still comes home a mess EVERYDAY!!! and you(and Payton) are stil the loves of his life!
Post a Comment